Wednesday, September 23, 2009

iMovie Editing Assignment

I have downloaded an "iMovie Assignment" folder onto your Desktop.
Open this.
Your task today is to watch my edited Quicktime version of "I Found A Frisbee". Once you've watched this, keep it open.
Now open up the iMovie Project File.
All of the clips you need are in the 'Clips' bin of your iMovie software. Arrange these clips in your iMovie timeline to look EXACTLY like my edited version. Make sure all of your cuts from one shot to the next happen at the same time and at the same place as my edited version.
There are a few clips that need have the 'Speed' changed to 'Slower' or 'Faster'. There's also one clip that needs to be reversed.
Your assignment today is to complete your edited version to look just like mine.
If you do not find the "iMovie Assignment" folder on your Desktop, here's what to do:

1. Go to 'Go', 'Connect to Server'
2. Type in 'vidstore' and click 'OK'
3. The Name is 'swvid1'
4. The Password is 'vidwood1'
5. Choose 'SW Video Classes'
6. Choose 'Video Production Folder 1'
7. You will see the 'iMovie Assignment' Folder. Drag the WHOLE FOLDER over to your desktop.

REMEMBER: You are going to edit your iMovie project to look exactly like my edited Quicktime version.
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO GO OUT AND SHOOT TODAY, SO DON'T ASK YOUR SUBSTITUTE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr. Ballew,

My students and I were blown away by your school's lip sync video!
How did you set it up and shoot it?
I teach video production and broadcast journalism at Carthage High School in East Texas.

Thanks,

Dave Tracy
dtracy@carthageisd.org
903-363-3033